Saturday, September 11, 2010

Revelations on a historic day

I have realized tonight that you should just go for things. Remember that guy I mentioned in my post to myself 10 years in the future? Yeah, he's an idiot. I finally told him and he chose to go for the "age" excuse instead of just telling me the first time that he "liked someone else." Oh! Plus: she's only 7 hours older than him.

So after I found out that he was the type to cop-out he said "Sorry, I'm used to people liking me." Hm...modesty.

If that wasn't enough we started talking about the building of the mosque. Personally I put it into perspective and know that if I was in their home country and the same situation came up and they were burning Bibles that I would be very upset. I know that they are different places with different values, but go with me here. He presumes to take from this fact that I am liberal and nothing else.

I don't even know what party I associate with, I just don't judge people. He says that "Muslims are responsible for what happened on 9/11," so I proposed that he thought that if a Catholic man did a similar thing that the entire Catholic religion would be held responsible. He agreed.

What kind of person thinks that just because on one topic I think something that may be considered liberal that I am a Democrat? A judgmental person.

I don't even look at the Mosque as a political situation, it's a constitutional right to practice any religion and as long as the building plans fit all of the zoning rules there is no reason for the mosque not to be built.

I am so over this kid. I cannot believe I thought I liked him. How could I like or want to be around someone who judges someone immediately? How can he ever learn anything or be a better person?

I don't think he can.

So yes, future self, you are over him. He is a loser.

XDara

P.S. 300 is a bad movie. But it's okay if you like it. I won't judge you.

5 comments:

  1. Well, if he was that much of an ignorant, assumptious person, you're far too good for him, Dara. :)


    - Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ Thanks Jo, I found out last night that it doesn't matter what one person says because I have friends that will always be there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember this lesson through life....because I SWEAR of you ever turn into one of those women that will lower their standards JUST to have a man in their life, I will kick your ass. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ Thanks I look forward to not having my ass kicked! And he was the one to talk to me first the other day, hahah! What a loser!

    ReplyDelete