Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 10: 80's hair bands?

As I usually do, this post is late. This event happened on August 15th. YES! It was Musicfest, and it was a huge success. I was there from 1:30 to around 3:30, I only saw two bands preform and both were amazing.

Being a young person, I was more interested in the younger group, JC Satellite. Okay, I'll admit it, it's really because I'm a young teenage girl that loves to see guys my age being successful in something they love.

Before JC Satellite went on I wandered around and talked to a few vendors. One was Payton Woodcraft, she was a very nice woman who makes jewelry out of recycled leather and wood. I also spoke to some people working at the Cambridge Sound Studio's table, they are the people that organized all of the bands.

Then JC Satellite went on! So I sat down and took some pictures. Want to see?

Some things you may want to know about JCS: There are four members, Jake, John, Jeff and Sebastian. All but Sebastian are brothers. Jake is 13 and the lead singer, he also plays guitar. For his age he has an amazing voice. Jeff is 15 and the drummer, who I could rarely get a picture of from where I was sitting. Jeff is the 17 year old bassist, and Sebastian is also 17 and a guitarist. Sebastian's father was just recently on tour with his band opening for ACDC and he is their producer.

From what I could tell, they were a huge hit. Looking around at the crowd I saw people singing along of all ages. There was a middle aged man in front of me nodding his head.

I'm just going to say, they rocked! They performed covers of familiar songs like "Johnny Be Good" to which the whole crowd was singing along. I even started to sing to some of their own songs, they are easy to catch on to and just really great.

I bought their CD and I listened to it on the way home. Before I left I got the chance to talk to Jake, the lead singer. I asked him about how the band started and if the three brothers had always worked together. He said "Well me and Jeff [drummer] started it and then John [guitarist] joined later on."

Overall the whole event was really amazing and I look forward to it next year.

XDara

P.S. I also spent about an hour writing an article about the Penn's Landing concert for Jeff to critique.

Hour Tracker: 32:00

No comments:

Post a Comment