Monday, August 16, 2010

Dear Dara

As is customary for my current age I was watching video bloggers and saw Charlie McDonnell's most recent upload. I really thought it was clever, well only if Youtube still exists in ten years. So I thought I would blog to my future self. I hope I don't delete this account. How awful would that be?

Dear Dara,

I hope you didn't change your name...it's quite unique and no matter how many times you have to correct people when they pronounce it, it's really awesome.

I don't want to be too optimistic but I really hope that you have what you want. Whether it's writing for a nonprofit organization or writing novels for a living [which I doubt is happening because you're only 27]. Maybe you have a family. I think it's pretty reasonable, mom was married at 25. I'm sorry if you would have preferred if I left that out. I hope you have at least had a boyfriend.

On to more important things, not really because that is pretty important to me. I just got back from the first vacation with the Driscoll family in North Carolina...I say first because there was talk of similar vacations. [Although when I mentioned this to mom she insinuated that I was not included].

Currently I am talking to Hannah and Marie. Hannah and I are discussing AP English, and Marie is trying to reassure me that I will not be fat...I have reason to doubt her. I currently like this guy....and he's causing so much trouble. But that's all really me because I'm an analyzing fool. If you don't remember then good for you. It means he wasn't worth it. Now why can't I get that into my head now?!

Please remember that you can't sew. It just occurred to me that no matter how certain you are about sewing a curved seam, you're not. Check out a blog post a little ways down, you know, the purse that became a whale?

I hope you loved, or at least found it entertaining, the college/university you went to. I hope you're out of college by now. And I really hope you are not one of those Admissions people who swear they loved the school too much to leave...don't be one of those people.

I hope you don't hold any grudges against people, family especially.

There are so many things to say. I hope you remember that you were or still are a fangirl, and that's okay. I hope you got to travel somewhere outside of the United States.

I would love it if you remembered all of the good teachers you had and use what they taught you to get where you need to go. You shouldn't forget what is good.

I love my family. They are really great people. Uncle Danny [Do you still call him that? Or is he Dan?] just commented on some of my pictures from vacation and made my night. I learned so much about the family from this vacation and I really appreciate them. It still creeps me out that they all knew each other for a while. It makes me wonder if I will know the guy I marry. Scary thoughts.

Caitlyn should be about ten now. I hope she is nice and fun. Is she a combination of Lauren and me? I know that she's a Driscoll.

I hope everything is well. I cannot think of anything else to say. Figures.

Love,
XDara [ahah from Spock to Spock]

No comments:

Post a Comment